We are hiring a Business Development Manager.
The role Business Development Manager has the responsibility of improving and growing Perform Partners business, by establishing and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners. As Business Development Manager, you’ll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
Your work will involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way. You have a single role in the organisation with the expectation on developing, leading and managing a Business Development. Your work will often reach across all areas of the business.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Actively seek tender opportunities that are in line with organisational capabilities and frameworks.
- Maintain and grow existing partner relationships.
- Meet with customers face to face, over the phone or video calls.
- Foster and develop relationships with customers.
- Understand the needs of our customers and be respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
- Setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes.
- Ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them.
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the Marketing function.
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate.
- Help to plan sales campaigns.
- Ensure at all times that the CRM is kept up to date with all sales activity and correspondence.
- Create a sales pipeline, that aligns with agreed sales targets.
- Increase sales revenues of the business.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/board of directors.
- Develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
Knowledge skills and experience required:
- 3-5 years experience of working with and developing a CRM (Hubspot) system.
- Experience of of business development within a professional services preferred.
- Experience of business development within a bespoke services B2B organisation.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates.
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with customers.
- Written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills.
- IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets.
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work.
- Decision-making skills.
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload.
- Project management and organisational skills.
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
- Negotiating skills.
- The ability to think strategically.
- The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports.
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
Competitive salary and desirable benefits package. See our full benefits package here: Perform Partners Benefits Package.
Leeds – Flexible working arrangements with the requirement to work from one of the Perform Partners offices in Leeds City Centre & Horsforth when required. Travel to and occasional working from a designated customer or prospective customers’ place of business may also be required.
Ask a question:
If you have a question, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Please be sure to reference the role your question is in relation to. Contact us here.
How to apply:
This position is now closed. To submit your CV for similar future roles, please Register your CV.
For more job opportunities and information on what it’s like to work at Perform Partners, visit our Careers page.